So when I stumbled on this recipe for a mere 5 ingredient tahini chocolate chip cookies, that were grain free and had no refined sugars I was sold. All you need is a bowl, a wooden spoon, five ingredients, 5 mins and a little oven waiting time. Around twenty minutes of prep and baking time later, you will be met with the chewiest , gooiest and probably healthiest cookie in the world. Ok, so I might be exaggerating a tiny bit, but they are that good. And that easy. What are you waiting for.. get to it:
Recipe makes somewhere between 6-10 cookies depending on how large or small you scoop out the dough:
- 3/4 cups lightly packed coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup well mixed tahini
- 1/2 semi sweet cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl mix and whisk the egg and coconut sugar
- Add the tahini, vanilla and salt- and whisk until the dough is smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir until the chocolate chips are evenly incorporated.
- Stick the bowl (covered) in the freezer for 15 minutes
- Scoop out one table spoon of the dough per cookie, and make sure to leave an inch and a half or so of space between each cookie.
- Bake until the edges start to golden, but the center is still a little underdone. This should take between 10-15 mins depending on your oven. My telltale sign is when you get the first whiff of tahini.
- Allow to cool, while you prep your milk or tea of choice.
- Sit back, dip and enjoy.
So thats my something sweet, as for the something warm. Lately I have been loving almond milk with a dash of vanilla, cinnamon, cardamon and ashwaganda. But more on that next time.